Alarm

Protect Your Home From Toxic Gases

 

A Co alarm will help to protect you and your family by alerting you to the presence of carbon monoxide and give you the time to respond to the danger.

Without some kind of detection you can be killed by the CO gas in your home before you even have a chance to react. There is a reason that co gas is known as the silent killer and you can very easily be affected by it in your own house. It is a colourless, odourless and invisible substance that is produced when fossil fuels are incompletely burned.

There are a few common fossil fuels that can be found in your home that can lead to poisoning and these include gasoline, wood, coal, propane, oil and methane. The most common sources of the gas are cooking equipment. A vehicle running in an attached garage can also cause high levels of co gas. This is why a monitor is the perfect way to protect you against the dangers of co poisoning.

It is very important to be know what the symptoms of poisoning are because without the knowledge of knowing these symptoms it could be possible you may suffer from poisoning and not even know it. The symptoms you should be watching out for include, blurred vision, fatigue, light headedness, vomiting, nausea, headaches. For stronger poisoning for CO, these will lead to unconciousness and death very rapidly.

It is also important to realise that some people are more sensitive to the effects than others. Those most at risk are the elderly, children, pregnant women and those with respiratory issues. For these individuals it is especially important to have a carbon monoxide alarm in the home and correctly placed.

Having a properly working co alarm in your home can give you an early warning against high levels of gas and it will alert you to the buildup of CO gas before the levels become lethal. This is particularly important because, if you do not recognise the symptoms immediately, you will not otherwise be aware of the gas, especially if you are sleeping. Levels of carbon monoxide that can become lethal rise in just a few minutes and the only way to ensure you get out of the house alive is to have advanced warning sound that is provided with some kind of monitor.

Incomplete Combustion

There are quite afew things in your house that can release the gas and these include fireplaces, heaters, hot water heaters, gas stoves, ovens, automobiles, grills, dryer and even being too close to a busy traffic area. This is why having a detector is so important, you never know when any of the above items are going to go wrong and give off a high level of carbon monoxide gas until it is too late.

All alarms are tested and approved for residential use, but you still need to consider a few elements before choosing the right one for your home. Some types of alarms are more sensitive than others. A battery operated detector will require a checking and replacement of the batteries when needed and are easier to place throughout your home than a plug in detector. Have a look at the reviews of the various alarms on the market, there are many different varieties at different prices.

 

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on Reddit